Christmas is coming and soon it will be time to fill those Christmas stockings. Shopping for a teenage girl can be a real challenge, especially when your teenage girl has a choosy personality when it comes to what she likes and dislikes. Finding items for a teenage girl can be frustrating, it feels sometimes like trends go in and out of style literally like the weather changes. Fortunately there are some choices that will work for many teenage girls, and their parents will also approve of these stocking stuffers.
A fun idea with stocking stuffers is to gift wrap them so there is more suspesnse to opening each item. Part of the fun of Christmas is opening the gifts. Wrap Christmas stocking items in bits of paper left over from wrapping, so you have a variety of colors. You can even find tiny stick-on bows at a large drug store or a stationary store to jazz them up.
One nice idea with Christmas stockings is to start some type of tradition, if your family doesn’t have one. Many families at Christmastime would enjoy an orange in their stockings because this was the only time they would have an orange. So lots of families still continue this, and in the toe of the stocking they put an orange. Try to keep and maintain some type of tradition with the Christmas stockings that everyone can look forward to. There are so many ideas you can come up with, from putting a Christmas ornament in everyone’s stocking, to adding a candy cane, to a Christmas snow globe. Just come up with something that your family will have fun with!
To help find what your teenage girl would like in her Christmas stocking, ask her what her favorite stores are and look at what some of her latest hobbies are. There have to be some little things that she would enjoy. If she has taken up scrapbooking, then she would probably appreciate some great new rubber stamps and ink pads. If she is a swimmer, she would probably like new eyegoggles and nose plugs. Think imaginatively about what she likes to do and you are sure to come up with ideas. Think about where she likes to shop when she has extra money. While many think giving money is an “easy way out” type of gift, a gift certificate is a great gift for a teen as it gives them the choice to select what they would like to get and they can have the fun of shopping. Think of fun things that the two of you can do together and then create gift certificates for them, like getting your nails done together or getting facials.
Here are 15 stocking stuffer ideas to get you brainstorming about your own stocking stuffer ideas for your teenage girl. There are sure to be some items here that she will like.
1. Gift certificate for music downloads — this is easier than purchasing music, as the average teen’s tastes change so quickly. Kids can have fun downloading the music themselves.
2. Hair accessories — most teenage girls do something to their hair, get them some fun accessories they will enjoy using for their hair.
3. Self tanner — the self tanners out now are so user-friendly that they can be used year-round and they are easy to apply. What could be more fun than having a healthy glow in December while there is snow on the ground. Remind her to test it on her arm first.
4. Compact mirror for purse — A fancy compact mirror for her purse can be a great gift and the department stores are full of them at Christmas time.
5. Wallet — A new wallet in a fun color is a great gift idea.
6. Costume jewelry — there are so many ideas. You could get her a charm bracelet, a necklace, a bracelet or earrings. If you are unsure, give her a gift certificate to a popular store to get costume jewelry like Claire’s to let her pick it out. A Christmas themed pin can always be a great idea.
7. Facial products — many teenage girls like to give themselves facials. There are so many facials out there, you can give your daughter a bottle or tube of facial masque that she will enjoy. You could do this together as mother and daughter.
8. Music CDs — a holiday music CD could be a fun gift to give and she would enjoy this.
9. Computer software or games — There are many computer games now that appeal to girls. There is also lots of software to try. Think of what your daughter likes to do, and visit your local computer store. Some computer software and games can cost as little as ten dollars.
10. Novelty socks — these fun socks can have all different types of designs. Some holiday themed socks could be a great gift idea.
11. Stuffed animal — get her favorite animal and she will be sure to like this.
12. Christmas ornament — a Christmas ornament for the tree is a great gift idea.
13. Chocolate or candy — some chocolate or candy in her stocking is something that she will like.
14. Gift certificate for a manicure — most teenage girls like to get their nails done. Why not give her a gift certificate and let her get them done!
15. Gift certificiate for movies — most teenage girls like to go see a movie, there are so many different types of movies. Let her choose what she would like to see!