2007 was a great year for celebrity “cringers.” These moments were ones in which we cringed over their behavior because it was so sad, pitiful, mean or awful. A few memorable ones were the usually no-panty mishaps that somehow happened right in front of the Paparazzi. Others were those drunken nights that also got caught on the lens. However, there were more moments that caused us to cringe uncontrollable. Below are the top 5. Surely, they’re ones that most of you will never forget.
1. David Hasselhoff’s drunken video. This video is unforgettable. A drunken Hasselhoff, on the floor, eating a messy burger and slurring words as his young daughter Taylor speaks to him about his alcoholism. This scenario is one that any armchair psychiatrist will have a field day with. It made us all cringe with disgust, but no one could look away.
(Cringe Factor – 5 Stars)
2. Alec Baldwin’s telephone message to his daughter. Imagine the worst things a father can say to a daughter besides “I want to have sex with you” and you’ll understand why so many people were upset with Alec Baldwin after hearing his telephone message to his daughter. Yes, he and her mother had a horrible divorce. Yes, the custody battle over their child is gut-wrenching, but it never merits a father calling his daughter a pig. Thankfully, he’s apologized about his poor behavior. However, it definitely changes every woman’s view of this old-time hunk. (Cringe Factor – 5 Stars)
3. Britney Spears’ VMA performance. It was the Video Music Awards and everyone was excited about Britney Spears show opening. What was she going to wear? How was she going to dance? What song was she going to sing? Then, the performance started and it was a dud. Clearly, Britney was not ready. Her dance moves were lack luster. Her body was not in star-shape. She seemed to be off in another planet. The performance made us shiver with embarrassment and pity because it was apparent that her alleged drug use had finally gotten the better of her. (Cringe Factor – 4 Stars)
4. Paula Abdul’s Reality Show. “Hey Paula” was the reality TV show staring American Idol and Pop Star Paula Abdul. Although many viewers thought it would disprove a lot of the rumors about Paula Abdul and drug use along with mental instability, it didn’t. It actually did the opposite. Crying episodes. Break downs. Odd behavior. All of these caused us to believe that our ‘forever girl’ might be under the influence of drugs and sleep deprived. (Cringe Factor – 3 ½ Stars)
5. Marie Osmund’s fall on DWTS. Dancing With the Starts (DWTS) is a hot show because it pulls has-been and up-and-coming starts out of the shadows and into the limelight. They dance for us. We vote. Everyone’s happy. Well, the 2007 season was a promising one because it featured stars like Marie Osmund. She’s no longer in her 30’s, but moved relatively well. However, the day she fell after a strenuous performance was scary. Medics on the show had to check her out. She swore she just had a fainting spell, a common thing in her life. However, America became worried about one of their sweet hearts. (Cringe Factor – 3 Stars)