Ladies, do you suspect your husband of cheating on you? One study reported that 59% of men admitted cheating on their wives, so it’s not just a paranoid fantasy. It can and does happen, but how do you know if it’s happening to you? Here are 9 signs that your husband may be cheating on you.
1) He carries condoms, and you are on the pill. Men are alway whining about having to use condoms, so you can bet that no man would use one if he doesn’t have to. So, why does he have to? Who is he trying to keep from becoming pregnant, or catch an STD from?
2) You find unexplained scratches or bruises on his neck or back. It’s very hard to scratch or bruise your own back, and it’s not likely to happen accidentally.
3) He suddenly wants to try new sex techniques. Who is he practicing for, or who has he been practicing with?
4) His clothes smell of an unfamiliar perfume. True, a department store sales clerk could have sprayed it on him, but how likely is that?
5) You see lipstick on your husband’s shirt. No wonder men want to get right to it. Foreplay leaves evidence.
6) He insists the child seat, toys, etc., are kept out of his car. You can’t be cool with a child seat in your car. Besides that, it’s a clue that there might be a child in his life, and, where there’s a child, there’s probably a woman. Definitely, not the image you want to project to the “other woman.”
7) He works a lot of overtime, but it never shows up on the pay stub. If your husband is a salaried worker, you may have to give him a pass on this. If he’s paid by the hour, though, he may be putting in overtime, but it’s not at his job.
8) You find unexplained receipts, more frequent ATM withdrawals, and unexplained credit card charges. Note any strange dates and times. Is there a restaurant charge when he should have been at work? Cheating can be expensive.
9) He uses the computer late at night (when you’re already in bed) or for an unusual amount of time. He uses free email services, such as hotmail, msn, yahoo, gmail, hushmail, etc. He quickly closes his web browser when you suddenly walk into the room. Looks like he might be hiding something, doesn’t it?
Women often beat themselves up when they discover their husband is cheating. We ask ourselves, what did I do wrong, or, worse, what’s wrong with me? That’s usually a mistake. Unlike women, men often cheat just for sex or for the ego boost a new conquest gives them. That doesn’t make it better, but it does mean that he often doesn’t have the emotional connection to his lover that he does to his wife and family. If you want to save your marriage, there’s a good chance that you can. It’s up to you to decide if you want to try.