There are a lot of free online games out there, if you know where to look. Here are just a few the I know and like:
– Nexon – This is a link to three games: Maple Story, Audition, and Kart Rider. I’ve only played Maple Story and Audition, so you’d have to find out about Kart Rider yourselves. Maple Story is a 2D RPG type game where you do quests and level up. It’s fun to play for a while, if somewhat repetitive after a while. Audition is a “dance” game – like DDR but for your fingers. This is challenging, and again, entertaining only for a while until if gets repetitive. Still, together, these games make a great way to pass the time when you have nothing else to do.
– Adventure Quest – To read about this game, check out this article. In short, though, the official website describes it well: Fight creatures to earn magical weapons and armor. Includes message board, chat, and top scores.
– Fly For Fun – Honestly, I’ve never played this and I don’t think my computer could handle it. However, I’ve heard only good things about it. It’s another leveling up game. If you’re interested, give the site a look.
– Tales of Pirates – This game has a very interesting feature: you get to build and level up a ship. It is a 3D MMORPG, and there are often events going on at different times of the day.
– Runescape – Ok I HAVE to include this. This game has been around forever as far as I know. It lags me too much so I’ve never played it for too long, but if it’s hung around for this long, it must be doing something right.
– Gunz – As far as I know, Gunz is and always has been free, but it seems to be in some sort of Beta testing at the moment. Anyway, Gunz is a game about… well… guns. Think Counter Strike meets an action anime or movie. It does get repetitive too, but it’s very fun and addictive once you get into it.
– Hero Online – Hero Online is a bit like… a simplified version of World of Warcraft. The graphics and quests are not as developed, but the idea is the same. If you like WoW, Hero might be a cheaper alternative.
– Guildwars – Even though this game is free to play, you do need to buy it. However, it’s a great deal and it’s a beautiful and well developed game where you can make many friends, so I figured I’d include it. If you’re willing to spend a little, get this game. It’s worth it.
– Monster and Me – …is a pet raising game? I just stumbled upon the site and I have to admit I’m definitely intrigued. I can’t find the system requirements anywhere though… I probably can’t play it thanks to this old computer. Oh well. It looks interesting though. I could go on with the list, but this is about all the games I’ve played or heard about from “knowledgeable” sources. Enjoy!