With the holiday season and the cold weather comes the desire to drink hot beverages to stay toasty throughout the holidays. It makes us feel better, it helps warm us up after shoveling in the snow, and it adds to the festivity. So, what is the ‘coolest’ hot beverage that everyone is going to be drinking for the Christmas and New Year holiday season, as well as during the rest of the cold weather time? Of course, it’s going to be nothing other than Hot Apple Cider.
So, to review a great Apple Cider product, here are ten reasons to drink Alpine Spiced Cider for the holiday season….
1. Of course, everyone would prefer to spend hours making traditional hot apple cider over the stove. You use your own fresh apples, blended into a liquid, and then boiled on a pot on the stove. You add cloves, cinnamon sticks, and even brown sugar. But, this takes hours! The first reason to drink the Alpine Spiced Cider is to save time.
2. What about cost? If you make your own cider, you will have to buy apples. It will cost you at least $5 to buy enough apples to make cider for ten people. Then, you still have to buy cinnamon or cloves, and sugar! You could spend at least $10 making your own fresh cider.
A box of Alpine Spiced Cider costs about $1.50 in Walmart, maybe a few cents more at other grocery stores. That’s about 20 percent of the cost of making it fresh!
3. Ease of use. All you have to do to drink the Alpine cider is to heat up some water in the microwave, about six to eight ounces. Then, you add one packet of the cider mix and stir!
4. Opportunity to ‘spice it up!’ You can still add your own ingredients to the Alpine spiced cider after you make it. You could put in a cinnamon stick, or add some cloves. This will add to the already delicious flavor. I have to say, however, that this spiced cider is incredible all on its own!
6. Option for regular or sugar-free cider. If you are okay with the sugar content in the regular Alpine cider, you can just get the normal box. There are 20 grams of sugar per serving packet. Or, you can use the sugar-free version, which you will find right on the grocery shelf beside the normal box. The price is the same for both!
7. Nutritional content. You will almost definitely find more nutrition overall in fresh apples, but you do get 100% of the daily recommended allowance of Vitamin C with one packet of the Alpine Cider mix!
8. A drink mix with no caffeine. You won’t find any caffeine in the Alpine Cider, which makes it a good choice over tea or coffee that has caffeine. If you want to start that New Year’s resolution of giving up caffeine, this is a good way to do it! You still get a hot beverage that is flavorful without having to drink caffeine.
9. Option to add other juices. If you make hot apple cider, you’re usually using apple cider. But, think about this option. You can add some other type of fruit juice to the Alpine mix. You could add pineapple juice or even some cranberry juice. The options are endless!
10. Taste. I have to admit, I am somewhat hooked on the taste of Alpine Spiced Cider. I drink at least ten cups of it every week. When I go to the grocery store, I purchase about four boxes for a two week period! I never seem to tire of the flavor.
All in all, Alpine Spiced Cider is a great choice for your hot apple cider. It’s easy to make and good for those with a limited budget, and you can still add your fruit juice and cloves. I prefer this over hot chocolate and coffee because you don’t have to worry about caffeine or getting too much chocolate! (Is that possible?) Enjoy!