If you are remodeling a bathroom, why not consider using bamboo flooring. This beautiful, functional flooring product has a number of characteristics that make it ideal for a bath.
1. Bamboo flooring is extremely strong and very durable. Bamboo wood floors are as strong as and last as long as or, in some cases, longer than hardwood floors. In fact, some species of bamboo have been rated harder than maple, as well as about twice as hard as red oak. Also, bamboo floors are very resilient and can take rough treatment. As a result, they are ideal for high-traffic spaces such as bathrooms. While bamboo is naturally strong, its strength depends, in part, on age. Bamboo harvested with less than five years of growth may not be hard enough for flooring. Therefore, do your homework when purchasing bamboo hardwood flooring. Choosing a reputable, reliable brand rather than a lower-cost product may pay off in the long run.
2. Bamboo flooring is naturally resistant to moisture, as well as to some insects, and doesn’t shrink or swell as much as many other woods that are commonly used for floors. These attributes make it a great choice for a bathroom where the floor will be subjected to water and humidity.
3. Bamboo wood flooring has a natural beauty and, at the same time, a distinctive contemporary look that will set your bath apart. Bamboo wood flooring comes in a variety of stains (from light natural shades to dark walnuts) and in both vertical grain and horizontal grain, so there is sure to be a style that is perfect for your bathroom. Also, laminated bamboo flooring is a breeze to clean. Just sweep or vacuum and mop.
4. Bamboo wood flooring is an affordable option for your bathroom project. Uninstalled prices usually range from about $4 per square foot to $6 per square foot. As a result, it is often less expensive than many traditional flooring products. In addition, it is easy to install.
5. It is eco friendly. Bamboo, a grass plant, is an abundant, versatile and renewable resource, and it grows rapidly. A commercial bamboo grove can be established and become productive within 10 years and often in as little as five years. Also, bamboo regenerates easily, even from cut stems. After being harvested, it takes less than five years for bamboo to be ready for harvesting again. A hardwood tree may take 20 years or more to be ready for harvesting.
You can find bamboo wood flooring at flooring stores and at home improvement stores, such as The Home Depot (www.homedepot.com) and Lowes (www.lowes.com).
Derek Rogers, ezinearticles.com, What Are the Advantage of Bamboo Flooring?
Lee Dobbins, ezinearticles.com/advantages of bamboo flooring, The Advantages of Bamboo Flooring
www.onlinetips.org, Advantages and Disadvantages of Bamboo Flooring