There is a multitute of beauty supplies and products on the market. Some are overpriced and aren’t too effective and there is alot of different products to choose from. This is a short list of easy cheap and quick beauty treatments at home. Try them out and see if they work for you.
1. Body Exfoliant- Sugar and salt both make wonderful skin exfoliants. I prefer sugar as salt tends to dry out the skin more. Take 2-4 oz in the shower with you in a plastic cup, keeping it away from the shower stream. Mix a small amount of water with a small amount of sugar/salt in your hand making a paste, repeat as neccessary. Preceed to rub all over skin, taking off all the dead skin as you do. When you come out your skin will be as smooth as a baby’s behind. Adding a small amount of honey can be both pleasant and help add a little moisture.
2. Face Exfoliant- Oatmeal can be used as a great exfoliant on the skin, the rough texture helps slough off the dead skin without being as a harsh as salt or sugar on the more sensitive skin on the face. Be careful not to let it get down the drain. I usually use the kitchen sink with the garbage disposal or try and block the bathroom sink if it do it in there.
3. Facial Toner- Mix a small amount of plain yogurt and 1-2 minced strawberries. Apply to face and let dry 10-15 minutes. Rinse. Your skin will feel firmer and smoother. As with the oatmeal, be careful of the food with your bathroom sink.
4. Another facial toner- Soak a small face cloth with a small amount of warm milk. Alternatively you can wet the cloth and nuke it for about 10-20 seconds. Place on face for about 5-10 minutes. This helps with impurities as well as toning.
5. Face Mask- Honey can be used as an excellent face mask. Warm a small amount, massage on the skin and elave on for 10-15 minutes.
6. Facial Steam- Heat a pot of water until boiling. Add herbs or essential oils of your choice. Put pot on a table with a pot holder underneath. Wrap towel over your head and the pot, forcing the steam to rise on your face. Stay under for 5-10 minutes. This is a great way to open pores as well as to help with colds. Eucalyptus and mints are perfect if you feel any chest congestion.
7. Skin Softeners- Believe it or not, mayonaise can be a great skin softener. Put a small amount on the skin you want to soften, massage it in and leave on for about 5 minutes and rinse
8. Skin softener II- Almond can make a great skin softener as well. Pulverize almonds and a small amount of liquid to make a paste. Follow the steps as with the mayonaise.
9. Facial Skin Softener- Heres egg on your face, literally. Eggs can be used on the face to help soften the skin. leave on for about 10-15 minuts.
That is just a small list of things you can do for yourself with mostly just regular household items. None of them will break your bank nor take precious hours out of your life. I hope you will enjoy these as well as look into other natural treatments.