Are you depressed because you have no courage to do what you must?
You are not the only one… Many people in our world have exactly the same problem: they have to do something very important, but they cannot bring themselves to act. They are completely paralyzed by their fear. Their cowardice is a fact and they know that, but this knowledge alone doesn’t help them acquire the courage they need.
Perhaps you are one of them and you need courage to confess your love, your sin, leave your comfortable nest, face your mistakes, fight or forgive… However, you cannot acquire it within yourself and you don’t know what to do.
So, your days are darkened by the obligation’s shadow. Your heavy heart knows you have no courage and your tired mind knows you’ll never acquire it the way you need. You are a coward. Yes, a coward!
This is bad, but you don’t know how to suddenly become a hero on a white horse…
Infinite fears bind your hands. Infinite nightmares…
This type of depression is a consequence of your ego’s weakness. Your ego doesn’t want to suffer. It provokes you cowardice with its protests.
However, I don’t know the story of your life.
Perhaps you are completely right in feeling depressed with the problems you are facing now and perhaps anyone in your place would be as cowardly as you are. Perhaps your fear is based on the facts of reality. Perhaps your depression is an unavoidable consequence of a problem that depends on divine courage. So, your fear is justified. You are only a human being…
In any case, I’m going to help you become a hero, because this is the only way you’ll stop feeling depressed and you may even feel very happy at the end of your adventures.
1. Think about your problems seriously. Do they really depend on your courage to do something you must do but you are not doing? Are you being morally correct? Are you considering everybody else’s lives besides yours?
2. If you are absolutely sure that you have to do something very important and your problem is that you don’t have the courage to do what you know is going to save you, imagine yourself doing it.
Try to do it in your imagination several times, imagining each time a different result. Think about all the possibilities you have to be successful.
Think also about all the bad possibilities. Assume that everything will go wrong and face all the bad consequences in your imagination.
3. Think about all the solutions you have to save yourself in case everything goes wrong. Prepare several backup solutions for you if everything will be difficult and contrary to your wishes.
4. Are you having problems in finding solutions if everything goes wrong? Are you thinking that you are going to simply die if you’ll dare to do something and in the end you’ll have to face failure?
You have to learn to be humble. If everything really goes wrong to the end, you must accept your failure. Accept your failure without thinking about death. Think that perhaps this failure is a protection for you. Perhaps things would not be as you imagined them, and this first failure will protect your future.
Perhaps someone else is wrong and it’s not your fault if he or she cannot understand the nobility of your courageous action.
Accept the failure, but don’t accept the inertia. You have to try!
5. After imagining all the possible ways through which reality may be developed if you dare to act, after properly calculating all the possibilities you have to be successful, after accepting the possibility of failure in case everything goes wrong and after understanding that cowardice is only stopping your progress, go ahead and face your problems.
If everything goes wrong, at least you won’t have this nightmare forever. You will accept your failure completely with time and you will find other solutions for yourself.
However, there is a great probability that you will really solve all the problems that are frightening you and causing you this continuous depression. Perhaps you’ll be really happy in the end of all your adventures and your new life will finally begin!