Have you ever met someone who makes you feel good just by being near them?
Have you ever passed someone on the street or at the grocery store and thought, “What a neat person!” or “They seem so very happy!”
Have you ever felt drawn to someone without any clue as to Why?
What do you think it is that causes you to feel these kinds of things?
After having this happen to me over and over-being drawn to someone whom I did not know and had no reason for such an attraction-I really began to study exactly what it was that was so different about the people to whom I was so drawn. Eventually I came to the conclusion that they all shared one thing:
As I looked at the traits these people shared, it really all boiled down to just that: EACH OF THEM SEEMED TO EXUDE A WARMTH AND JOY THAT CAPTURED EVERYONE AROUND THEM.
I looked at all aspects of the persona these folks presented:
– Some were outgoing and bubbly;
– Others were quiet and reserved;
– They were of varying ages, backgrounds, and ethnicities;
– Some were highly educated, others were not;
– Some were financially successful, others were not.
But the ONE thing that each had in common was that wherever they went, JOY was there. And, frankly,
I WANTED SOME OF THAT!
And so began my search.
In my quest for Joy, I discovered that there are endless ways for one to create Joy in his or her life, if you only get into the frame of mind where you actually look for and seek Joy.
But first you have to know what brings you Joy. So grab a pen and paper, find quiet spot, and THINK about what brings you Joy. Here are a few items from my list:
• Clean sheets on my bed
• Fresh-cut roses floating in a crystal bowl
• Laughing with friends
• An ice-cold margarita, on-the-rocks (with salt), SHAKEN, not stirred
• Porch swings and tire swings and front porch rockers
• The sound of falling water (preferably enjoyed at the creek close to home)
• Babies-puppies, calves, kittens, tigers, human babies, colts, etc.
• 70’s classic rock-especially Three Dog Night
• Being in the woods, in the mountains, on the beach-enjoying nature’s finest
• Cooking a good meal with someone and enjoying their company
• The wind on my face and in my hair
• Lying in the sun, floating in water
And here’s the great part: MOST OF THESE ARE FREE. So make your list and get on with savoring the everyday Joys in YOUR life!