We all need to step up and do our share of helping the environment. Some great ways you can help are to use eco friendly products and designs. Making a few simple changes in your bathroom can help with the environment and it does not have to cost a fortune either. When remodeling your bathroom keep in mind the different varieties of eco friendly ideas and products on the market and shop around; prices can vary. Wonderful bathroom design is to use sleek lines and keep it simple. When remodeling while being eco friendly you must keep in mind that the color schemes most commonly found will be browns, greens, and pale colors. These colors tend to let you know the item is eco friendly. You can find some eco friendly towels in bolder colors.
1. Replace and install low flow aerator shower heads to reduce the amount of water used when showering. Replace your regular toilet with a water efficient brand. Some of the water efficient toilets will use 1.5 gallons of water to flush saving a good amount of water over the lifetime. Some companies will offer a rebate when you purchase one of these eco friendly toilets when remodeling your bathroom.
2. When painting look for paints with low toxicity levels, Soy based paint are eco friendly and perfect to use when having a bathroom renovation. There are many places to purchase these soy based paints and a wealth of information.
3. You can change all of the lighting in your bathroom to make it more eco friendly when remodeling. Change bulbs to the compact fluorescent. You will conserve energy and save money on you’re over all electric bill. You can purchase these bulbs at any store. Home depot seems to have the best variety for your money.
4. Purchase hemp and organic cotton bath accessories like towels and rugs. Shower curtains made from eco friendly materials. Green vaccine has beautiful selection of bathroom accessories.
5. A gorgeous eco friendly bathroom vanity is the perfect idea when remolding your bathroom. They look sleek, modern, and best of all eco friendly. These cabinet vanities are made with formaldehyde free wood and made from one hundred percent recycled materials.