Does your family need an economical vacation? Do you have spring fever and it just won’t go away? Affordable travel deals and packages are right at your fingertips! Don’t pay that expensive travel agent all the commission; you can book your next vacation online yourself! Whether you need a weekend getaway or a cruise around the world, check out these top five sites for discounted flights, hotels and car reservations and you’ll be on your dream vacation in no time! Start packing!
1. Lastminutetravel.com offers a variety of last minute travel deals. This is a great site to utilize if you want to travel in the next few weeks. Several 4 star hotels are offered for under $100 a night in major U.S. cities. Properties in Orlando, New York, San Francisco, Oakland and Miami are available for between $72 and $122 per night. I was able to confirm a 4 star beachfront hotel in South Beach, Miami for $91 plus tax with travel dates in the next three weeks. Here’s a tip- be sure to watch for nightly resort fees that may add to the total cost of your trip. This influenced my hotel selection.
2. Cheapoair.com has very low prices on last minute flights. Be sure to visit the Top 25 Deals section to find the bargains. If it’s a beach you need to visit, you can get from Atlanta to Miami nonstop for $116.00 plus tax and fees on five different airlines. The site regularly offers $10 off coupons for these fees, and my total cost after utilizing the online coupon was $151.80. Not too shabby! This site also offers several four star hotels in major U.S. cities for under $99 per night. A beautiful four star Radisson in Orlando was available at my time of booking for only $48 per night. When I checked the Radisson site directly the lowest rate I found for the same stay was $112 per night! If you don’t need a luxury hotel, you can even find several properties for only $30 a night! I was able to confirm a Howard Johnson in Miami for $32 a night two weeks from now. This site definitely caters to the budget conscious!
3. Lowfares.com is a great site to utilize if time is of the essence! On this site you can search multiple discount travel sites at once to find the best rate! I was able to book a flight from Chicago to San Francisco for $189 round trip with a travel date three weeks away. The best part about this site was the discounted car rental rates. When I clicked on the “Deals” link I was able to confirm rental cars in various U.S. cities for as low as $8.95 per day! Going through the car sites directly cost me at least $25.00 per day for the same standard size car. If you’re not in a rush to confirm travel, this site will send you daily emails with the latest travel deals and I found this extremely convenient.
4. Travelocity.com has always been a favorite of mine. Right now the site is offering flights from Chicago to Cancun for only $145 round trip plus tax and fees for travel next week! To take advantage of these low rates you often have to have flexible travel dates and times. Visit the “Last Minute Packages” tab to get a steal on last minute deals. Packaging flights with your hotel and car reservation can often save hundreds of dollars.
5. Don’t forget to visit individual airline websites for last minute travel deals. Do not underestimate these sites! Right now American Airlines is offering amazing deals from the Midwest to Europe. Prices start at $147 each way from Chicago to Dublin, Ireland! Discounted fares are updated every week so airline websites are worth bookmarking! Again, be sure to watch out for tax and fee charges and add them into your total cost before making your decision.
There are many affordable last minute travel options if you know where to find them online. Take a look at the sites above to determine if the discounted destinations and travel dates work with your schedule! Remember, fares change rapidly so be sure to visit often! Enjoy your trip and don’t forget to pack sunscreen!
Lastminutetravel.com, Cheapoair.com, Lowfares.com, Travelocity.com, AmericanAirlines.com