If you have a growing jewelry business, you probably already know the importance of having a mailing list of potential jewelry buyers you can market your jewelry designs to. The hard part can be growing that list! There are lots of ways to do that and I’ll be writing a variety of future articles on this topic since its so important. Until then, I’d like to share with you a fun technique I’ve successfully used to build a list of potential jewelry buyers.
Start by using your jewelry design skills to create a bold and beautiful necklace using your best materials. You want this jewelry design to be a real showstopper! Once you’ve completed the design and are satisfied that it shows off your best design skills, place it on a display table at your next craft show. I would place a clear plexiglass cube over it to make it look even more exquisite. Place a container of blank index cards next to the necklace along with a sign that reads: ” Name This Necklace for a Chance to Win Free Jewelry”. Underneath, explain to your customer they’ll win a free gift certificate for jewelry if the name they pick for your necklace is the one you use. Ask them to write down the names they come up with on the blank index card along with their email address. Let them know winners will be contacted by email.
This should create quite a bit of interest as people love to be creatively challenged and also like the chance to win free jewelry! It should also create traffic to your jewelry booth and, hopefully, some sales! You can also place a photo of the necklace to be named on your website and accept entries via email. This is a great way to build up a nice email list of names your can market to again and again.
There are other advantages to using this technique:
1. You’ll build your jewelry brand.
2. You’ll learn from the names people have chosen for your necklace .The names may give you some ideas for naming an entirely new jewelry line. Plus, the descriptive terms people use to name your necklace may identify certain words and phrases you could use in your marketing materials. It also is sort of a barometer of how people feel about your jewelry designs. You can draw certain conclusions about how people perceive your jewelry line, if you get entries using such words as rare, superb, opulent, sumptuous, you know you’re on the right track with your designs!
3. You’ll show your customers you value their opinion.
4. You’ll make the customer feel more connected to your jewelry design business.
5. You’ll draw traffic to your jewelry designs both at shows and online.
6. It’s a fun way to introduce people to your jewelry designs!
Give this jewelry marketing technique a try and you’ll soon have a list of potential customers you can market your jewelry to again and again!