If you homeschool your children, you will find that a well rounded amount of activities is essential. There will come many times throughout the year when you and your children will consider gifts for other people. There are many gifts that the homeschool family can create for others. One of the easiest gifts are decorative air fresheners. Here, you will learn how to take a few things that you have in and around your home in order to create a decorative air freshener that will be enjoyed by others.
There are many different methods that a person can create a decorative air freshener. However, this is one of the more simple approaches to this item. It is important that you gather items that will be necessary to create the homemade air freshener. You will need the following to create one decorative air freshener:
– The first thing that you will need is a piece of lace that measures approximately six inches by six inches.
– The second thing that you will require is various rocks, stones, and/or shells from around the outside of your home. If you are limited on these types of items, most Dollar Stores carry small containers or bags of rocks, stones, and shells that you can use.
– The third thing that you will need is at least one pouch of Kool Aid. The pack can be the flavor that you fancy.
– The fourth thing that is required is a decorative string or ribbon.
– In addition to the above mentioned items, you will need a bowl, a pair of scissors, and approximately ten minutes to prepare the air freshener.
1) The first thing that you will want to do is to make sure the rocks, stones, and/or shells that you will be using are properly cleaned. Many people choose to boil these items for approximately five minutes and prepare other items that are part of the project while the items are drying.
2) You should take the pack of Kool aid that you purchases, and prepare it in a container that is half the size of what you would use if preparing it to drink. You should not add any sugar. You may want to add a drop of food coloring that is the same as your drink mix to enhance the color that it produces.
3) Once your mixture is prepared, you should place the stones, rocks, and/or shells in the mixture and allow it to sit in it for up to one hour. The color of the mix and the scent of the mix will soak into the items that you have placed in the container that holds the mix.
4) Once the time is up, you should drain the mix away from the rocks, stones, and/or shells and place them on a plate with a paper towel so that they may dry thoroughly.
5) Once the items are completely dry, you should place a scoop on the piece of lace. You should then pull the sides of the lace up over the items.
6) Once you have done this, you can now tie the ribbon or string that you are using around it into a nice bow. You may choose to tie an additional string at the top in order to allow the person that will receive the gift to hang the decorative air freshener where they wish.
You have now created your very own decorative air freshener!