The world of management can sometimes be a bit of a fickle place to be, but if you want to achieve success and be a successful manager then you need to take control and charge, below are a few ideas and tips as to how you can be the best manager you can be.
1. Get and give feedback, analyse and evaluate not just your employees and staff but also yourself and what you do.
2. Be committed to whatever it is that you want to do, stick to your guns but don’t be a bully.
3. Show leadership and be a leader.
4. Be a coach and not just a manager, help people help themselves and don’t just tell them what to do.
5. Be trustworthy.
6. Develop yourself and those around you, personal development is the key to your managerial success.
7. Be productive and use your time to get done what needs doing.
8. Monitor everything that goes on and happens around you, spot and squash problems before they even happen. Stay ahead and on top of your game.
9. Review your performance and your teams performance on a regular basis so you can start getting the best out of them.
10. Encourage and motivate your staff/employees each and every day.
11. Practice your negotiation skills and learn to be a better negotiator.
12. Be passionate, charismatic and energetic, love what you do and others will feel and share your passion and feelings.
13. Network, meet others and network both internally and externally.
14. Give more and you will receive more.
15. Think outside of the box, as often as this is said it is true, think outside of your box and barriers to find answers and solutions to problems.
16. Be reliable.
17. Be a good listener, or more to the point be an effective listener, in other words look and be genuinely interested in what those around you have to say, you will not get very far within your management career if its all about you, or should I say me me me.
18. Be organised.
19. Be a good effective communicator, learn to communicate with people from all different backgrounds and levels.
20. Be hardworking and confident.
21. Be empathetic and sympathise with those around you and their situations/circumstances.
22. Be decisive, make, take and stick to any and all decision you make.
23. Be an influential and inspirational leader/manager.
24. Inspire confidence into those around you.
I hope you have found this article both useful and helpful, good luck with your career in management I wish you every success.