Getting a job can be stressful and time consuming among other things. Below are a few ideas, tips and ways to succeed and win that job interview to get that job you deserve.
1. Find out what the employer wants. When landing a job interview its important to research the company or business that you are applying for, this is so that when it comes time for the interview you will be able to answer any question they put to you with 110% confidence.
2. Find out about your market and research your marketplace – what is your marketplace about, is it steady, stable, secure? What skills or attributes do you need to survive and thrive within both your job and your market place?
3. Get over your fears, get over anything that is holding you back from getting that dream job. Be it the fear to move forward or the fear of a challenge, whatever hurdles you have to face or cross do them before the interview, that way you can show them what your really made of!
4. Empathise and sympathise with the interviewer. Be pleasant but not overfriendly, and don’t sidetrack the interviewer, they might not realise what you are doing in the interview but they sure will realise what you were doing after the event.
5. Make sure you look presentable. Ask other people including friends and family to evaluate what you are wearing and to give you some feedback. When putting together an interview outfit try not to be too bold so that you are in their face, yet at the same time try not to be too dull that they don’t remember you. Remember you are what you wear!
6. Try to keep calm and under control. Nothing turns interviewers off more than a stressed out job candidate.
7. Do your homework, and practice some potential interview questions. If you feel prepared you will be more likely to ace the interview, so spend some time before the interview going through possible questions, scenarios and so on.
8. Take along a copy of your CV and any other information you think relevant. It looks good and better to interviewers if you are prepared for each and every scenario.
9. Put your best foot forward, by this I mean when being interviewed make sure to emphasize and highlight areas which you are good at/in. Don’t be a show off, but just let them know what an asset you would be to their company/organisation.
I hope you have found this article both helpful and useful, good luck with getting and winning that job interview I wish you every success.