If you are a resident of Broward County and live in Ft. Lauderdale or the surrounding areas, you may be located in a hurricane evacuation area. It is important to evacuate if you are directed to do so, and if you have pets, you will need to find a place to stay that accepts pets. Although there is a pet-friendly hurricane shelter located in Broward County, you and your pets might find it more comfortable to stay at a hotel in the area.
There are many hotels in the area that accept pets, some with limitations and deposits. Here is a list of the larger hotel chains that are pet friendly in Broward County:
This list does not include some of the smaller hotels that might accept pets. Petswelcome.com and http://www.humanebroward.com also have information about pet friendly lodgings. Make sure that you call the hotels listed in advance because hotels are notorious for changing their pet policies.
1) Travelodge located at 1500 West Commercial Boulevard allows all pets, but does charge a $25 a night pet fee. 954-776-4222
2) Extended Stay America 7735 SW 6th Street in Plantation. $75 non refundable fee 954-382-8888
3) Hilton Ft. Lauderdale 3003 North University Drive in Sunrise-free during hurricanes 954-748-7000
4) Roadway Inn and Suites located at 2440 West State Road 84. There is a 50 pound limit and a $30 charge per night. 877-424-6423
5) Candlewood Suites located at 1120 West State Road 84. There is an 80 pound weight limit and you must sign an agreement. The pet fee is based on how long you stay and it is no-refundable. 1-800-749-5029
6) La Quinta: There are two La Quintas located in the area-
999 West Cypress Creek 954-491-7666
351 Hillsborough Boulevard 954-421-1004
Both hotels have a 25 pound weight limit, but there is no fee.
7) Wellesley Inn: There are two Wellesley Inns in the area-
3100 University Drive in Coral Springs 954-344-2200, which doesn’t charge a fee, but has a 20 pound restriction.
7901 6th Street in Plantation 954-473-8257 has $20 fee and only accepts pets under 40 pounds.
8) Redroof Inn is located at 4800 9th Avenue Powerline Road. The hotel doesn’t charge a fee and doesn’t have a weight restriction. 954-776-6333
9) Ramada Inn located at 1401 Federal Highway in Deerfield Beach. The hotel charges a $10 per day pet fee. 954-421-5000
10) Comfort Inn located at 2520 Stirling Road in Hollywood. They accept pets up to 25 pounds and charge a $25 fee 954-922-1600
11) Motel 6 located at 1801 State Road 84. Call ahead for their pet policy. 954-760-7999
12) Sheraton Design Center located at 1825 Griffin Road in Dania. The Sheraton charges a $50 pet fee. 954-920-3500