In the MMORPG Maple Story there is a skill called Meditation. Fire mages and Ice/Lightning mages can max this skill to temporarily improve their Magic Attack.
Meditation is an excellent skill, and while it is not one of the skills that must be maxed as soon as possible, you should definitely max it out when you have the points for it. The damage you do to monster will increase quite a bit, and I never train without Meditation.
I have written down the chart for this skill so you can see exactly how it improves your Magic Attack with every point.
1. MP -10; Magic Attack +1 for 10 seconds
2. MP -10; Magic Attack +2 for 20 seconds
3. MP -10; Magic Attack +3 for 30 seconds
4. MP -10; Magic Attack +4 for 40 seconds
5. MP -10; Magic Attack +5 for 50 seconds
6. MP -10; Magic Attack +6 for 60 seconds
7. MP -10; Magic Attack +7 for 70 seconds
8. MP -10; Magic Attack +8 for 80 seconds
9. MP -10; Magic Attack +9 for 90 seconds
10. MP -10; Magic Attack +10 for 100 seconds
11. MP -20; Magic Attack +11 for 110 seconds
12. MP -20; Magic Attack +12 for 120 seconds
13. MP -20; Magic Attack +13 for 130 seconds
14. MP -20; Magic Attack +14 for 140 seconds
15. MP -20; Magic Attack +15 for 150 seconds
16. MP -20; Magic Attack +16 for 160 seconds
17. MP -20; Magic Attack +17 for 170 seconds
18. MP -20; Magic Attack +18 for 180 seconds
19. MP -20; Magic Attack +19 for 190 seconds
20. MP -20; Magic Attack +20 for 200 seconds
This chart shows that at level one you get 1 more Magic Attack for ten seconds, and then it goes up all the way to +20 for 200 seconds at level 20. If you don’t see how useful this is, think about when you are buying a staff or a wand and you are looking for the highest INT and Magic Attack. With this skill on you can add 20 points to your staff! Think about that for a second, and you will see how excellent Meditation really is.
You must have three points in MP Eater before you can start putting points into this skill, so prepare how you want to distribute your points early on.
The only complaint I have with Meditation is that some potions do not work with it. I also wish that when it’s maxed it would last longer than 200 seconds. Besides that it’s an awesome skill that’s always used. This is also a party skill, so if you are partying with others you can supply them with extra Magic Attack by putting on Meditation.