Michael Jackson apparently was given an injection of Demerol, a drug similar to morphine for pain shortly before his death. The Demerol may have triggered a lethal cocktail like effect of drugs, depending on what else Michael Jackson had in his system, or he could have simply just had an overdose of Demerol which is a very powerful drug. Michael Jackson died of sudden cardiac arrest at his home, a 911 call was made, but medical personnel were not able to revive him. Demerol may have triggered the fatal cardiac arrest.
What Jackson was taking the Demerol for is unclear, however it is more then likely for his broken leg or broken back and what other drugs Jackson was prescribed is also unclear. Michael Jackson does have a history of prescription drug abuse, and has even had a few episodes of drug overdose. Whether it was an overdose, or a deadly mix of drugs remains up in the air, although that would explain the cardiac arrest if the autopsy doesn’t find anything physically wrong with Jackson. Then they can do a toxicology report and see exactly how much Demerol he had in his system, and what other drugs contributed to a possible drug overdose. It may take days or weeks before we know how much Demerol and other drugs Michael Jackson had in his system.
Jackson had been rumored to be taking Morphine,Oxycontin and Demerol for a while now, he has struggled with prescription drug addiction and now he has payed the price with for it with a possible Demerol overdose.
Fans continued to gather all over the place, outside the hospital where Jackson died, as well as in New York City. Tee-shirts commemorating the “King of Pop”were being sold on the streets outside the UCLA Medical hospital and in New York City. Fans cried on T.V and gave interviewers tearful accounts of when they first heard Jackson, or how he impacted their lives. On CNN, and other news stations, a lot of his music videos were played. The news stopped completely for Jackson, there was not a news channel not running a Jackson segment and many came on the air to pay there respects to him. For him to go out on a possible overdose of the drug Demerol is very sad and frightening to us all.
So we now know for sure that Michael Jackson was on a very powerful prescription drug called Demerol when he died, a drug similar to morphine. This could drug could have played a part in an overdose, or a very bad drug interaction that triggered his cardiac arrest. Michael Jackson was just 50 years old, which is pretty young to die assuming he was in good health which we were lead to believe. A drug overdose or possible lethal drug cocktail seems more and more likely, especially with this news of the Demerol injection, just minutes before his collapse at his home and subsequent death.