It is likely that you have had the misfortune of dealing with sunburn sometime in your recent past. Next time try a few of these natural remedies for safe and quick sunburn relief:
1. Aloe Vera — This is a well known and highly effective plant for natural sunburn relief. If you have an aloe vera plant at home, simply squeeze the gel out of a stalk right onto your skin for soothing sunburn relief. If the plant is not accessible, aloe vera gel may be purchased at any store that sells pharmaceutical products.
2. Baking Soda — Soothe your sunburn by soaking in a lukewarm bath that contains baking soda for natural sunburn relief. Soak your washcloth and use it to sponge the solution gently onto your hands, neck, shoulders, and other areas that are not soaking directly in the water. Rinse off when you’re finished to prevent chalky buildup.
3. Whole Milk — The fat and lactic acids in whole milk provide soothing natural sunburn relief. Soak a washcloth in milk and dab it onto your affected areas. You may want to stand in the shower while trying this natural sunburn relief recipe. And be sure to rinse off when you’re done to prevent smelling like sour milk!
4. Cucumber — Squeeze a cucumber and combine the juice with glycerin and rose water for natural sunburn relief.
5. White Vinegar — Apply white vinegar compresses to the skin for natural sunburn relief. You can also spritz diluted vinegar onto the skin with a spray bottle.
6. Lavender Oil — Lavender oil contains healing agents that are effective as natural sunburn relief. Try adding about 20 drops to your bath water, or combining a very small amount with aloe vera gel. As with all essential oils — use caution, as they are concentrated extracts.
7. Oatmeal — Try an Aveeno oatmeal bath for natural sunburn relief; or mix up your own concoction with about a cup each of baking soda, powdered Chamomile flowers, and buttermilk mixed with 3 cups of colloidal oatmeal. Add this concoction to your bath for soothing sunburn relief.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar — This is a cheap ingredient that you probably have on hand, and it provides great natural sunburn relief. Simply dab it (undiluted) all over the affected skin.
9. Vitamin E Balm — Combine the following ingredients and shake well for effective natural sunburn relief: the oil from two pierced vitamin E capsules, a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, a teaspoon of lavender oil, and 1/3 cup of aloe vera gel. Apply carefully to the skin for natural and effective sunburn relief.
10. Mayonnaise or Yogurt — Either of these, chilled and applied directly to the skin, will provide natural sunburn relief. Just be sure to take a shower after trying this remedy!