I have another pancit dish for you and this one is pancit bihon. Bihon in English means Chinese rice noodles and that is what we will be using with this dish. This dish is one of the favorites of many Filipinos from all walks of life in the Philippines. It is made for special gatherings such as Christmas, New Year’s, anniversaries as well as birthdays. Many restaurants in the Philippines serve this as well. This recipe would be excellent to have as a dinner or lunch. Anyway, this is the recipe for the Filipino dish known as Pancit Bihon!
These are the ingredients that you need to have and how they should be prepared prior to cooking.
18 oz of Chinese rice noodles (pancit bihon)
5 oz of pork chopped in small cubes
4 oz of small shrimp
½ a head of a small cabbage cut into small pieces
2 oz of string beans cut thin
½ a cup of Chinese celery that is chopped where each piece is about ½ inch long
½ cup of young onions that is chopped where each piece is about ½ inch long
2 oz of chicken that is cut into small pieces (kikiam)
2 medium onions that is chopped into small pieces
4 cloves of garlic that is chopped into small pieces
¼ cup of soy sauce
1 tsp of black pepper
2 carrots that is chopped very thin where each piece is about 2 to 3 inches long
1 cup of water
Now that you have all your ingredients ready and prepared, let us go into the actual cooking.
1. The first thing you will want to do is to peel the 4 oz of the small shrimp.
2. Then set your stove to a medium setting. Get a pan and preheat it for a couple of minutes. After you have done that, add the chopped garlic to the pan. Saute the garlic and you will know it is finished when it turns a golden brown color.
3. Next add in the chopped onions (the 2 medium ones not the young onions) and saute that as well for a couple of minutes.
4. Add in the 5 oz of diced pork and saute that too for a few minutes.
5. Then put in the 1 cup of water, ¼ cup of soy sauce and the peeled shrimp and let everything simmer for about 10 minutes.
6. Next add in the 18 oz of Chinese rice noodles, 1 tsp of black pepper, the 2 oz of chicken, ½ cup of cabbage, chopped carrots, ½ cup of young onions, ½ cup of Chinese celery and the 2 oz of string beans. Let everything simmer for about 5 minutes or until all the ingredients are well cooked. Stir everything until the Chinese rice noodles are done.
7. Taste it and add more water or soy sauce if needed.
That is it! You are done. I hope you and your family enjoy this meal. Happy eating!