I have yet another great Filipino dish that they call pork sinigang. It is a favorite of many Filipinos and you will see it at several dinner tables in the Philippines. It is great to have as a main dish. It is like a soup. Here is the recipe for Pork Sinigang!
These are the ingredients that you need to have and how they should be prepared prior to cooking.
17 oz of pork
3 cloves of garlic that has been crushed
1 large onion chopped into small pieces
2 tomatoes chopped into small pieces
2 tbsp of margarine or olive oil
2 eggplants that are cut into 1inch circles
1 bundle or at least 5 string beans that have been each cut 3 to 4 inches long
1 radish that is cut into ½ inch circles
5 to 10 pieces of ginger lily or you can use ginger lily powder
2 bunches of bok choy that have been cut at the ends
3 peas in a pod
2 cups of water
1 tsp of salt
Now that you have all your ingredients ready and prepared, let us go into the actual cooking.
1. Set your stove to a medium setting. Get a pan and preheat it for a couple of minutes.
2. When the pan has already been heated, put in the 2 tbsp of margarine or olive oil and wait another couple of minutes.
3. After you have done that, add in the crushed garlic. Saute the garlic and you will know it is finished when it turns a golden brown color.
4. When you are finished with that, add in the onions and saute those as well for a couple of minutes with the garlic that is already in the pan.
5. Next you will want to put in the sliced tomatoes and saute them too for a few minutes.
6. Then put in the 17 oz of pork and saute it for a couple of minutes together with the other ingredients and your stove setting should be on low.
7. Next, put in the 2 cups of water, ginger lily powder (if you use just ginger lily, squeeze it and just use the juice), peas in a pod and let everything simmer for about 5 minutes.
8. Add in the eggplants to the rest of the ingredients and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
9. When that time has passed, put in the radishes, string beans and the 1 tsp of salt. Let everything simmer for 10 minutes while you are constantly stirring it.
10. Finally put in the bok choy and let everything simmer. Then turn of the stove. You are done!
You can add more water if that’s what you prefer. This meal consists of 3 to 4 servings. It’s a nice healthy dish for the entire family to enjoy. Bon appetit!