Extended stay hotel rooms and suites are designed for business travelers and leisure travelers looking for comfortable, apartment-style living when they’re away from home. Rooms and suites are affordably priced, and most locations are easily accessible from major interstates and highways.
Whether you’re heading to a conference in the city or visiting old friends in another town, booking your stay at an extended stay hotel means you can settle into a real ‘home away from home’ for the entire trip. Here’s a close look at some of the amenities and services that are available at all extended stay hotel locations:
1. Wi-Fi access. Most extended stay hotel properties charge a one-time fee for unlimited Wi-Fi internet access throughout your stay. This means you don’t have to worry about working offsite or using up your mobile data plan minutes just to stay connected to the Internet.
2. Fully-equipped kitchen. If you’re trying to save money on eating, you can prepare your own food in your suite. Extended stay hotel rooms and suites are often designed with a fully-equipped kitchen that includes a refrigerator, stove, microwave and toaster. This makes it very easy to go grocery shopping and enjoy a home-cooked meal whenever you need to.
3. On-site exercise center. Some hotels are furnished with a large pool and exercise center, while others have only a fitness center. If you want to keep up with your workout routine, you don’t have to pay for a gym membership or even head off property to squeeze in a workout. Fitness amenities are offered to all guests free of charge.
4. Housekeeping and laundry facilities. If you’re staying at an extended stay hotel for seven days or more, you may receive complimentary housekeeping services. Some hotels also offer access to a laundry room on site, so you don’t have to worry about going to the drycleaners or a local Laundromat during your stay.
5. Personalized voice mail. You can set up a personal voice mailbox in your room to receive incoming messages. This can make it easier to communicate with friends, coworkers or loved ones who may not be able to reach you via cell phone. Personal calls are routed directly to your room.
6. Mail services. If you’re staying at an extended stay hotel for more than a few days, you may need to send and receive mail. Most hotels are equipped with mail service options where you can set up a private mailbox for incoming mail, and also send mail without having to go to the post office.
7. Fax and printer services. Instead of packing a mobile printer and fax machine for a business trip, you can print and fax items from the comfort of your suite at an extended stay hotel.
Whether you’re traveling for business or leisure, staying at an extended stay hotel may be a more viable option than motels and luxury properties that do not offer conveniences and amenities for long-term stays.