Who wouldn’t love to take an unexpected vacation? However, most people think only about the cost, and it can be costly. Instead on browsing countless travel sites, and calling hundreds of places, why not consider staying directly on the beach at Treasure Island Florida. Treasure Island, has some of the most beautiful beaches in the state. With the crisp clean waters of the Gulf of Mexico, and sparking sand, it’s no wonder why Treasure Island attracts vacationers year round. It’s truly a little piece of heaven for anyone seeking a relaxing trip, or for those who enjoy walking on the beach, collecting shells, and more. Sadly, so many visitors end up staying in hotels close to the beach, not realizing that there are many affordable accommodations directly on the Gulf. There is no need to go through an expensive travel agent, when you can book a room yourself for less. Here is a list of the top 5 cheapest accommodations Treasure Island had to offer, that are worth staying at.
1) Arvilla has many rooms to choose from, including a 1 bedroom apartment with a full kitchen for just $115 per night. 727-360-0598
2) The Page Terrace, is a large quite complex with Gulf front rooms starting at $69.00 per night, which includes a microwave, and fridge. Apartments are also available for $79.00 per night. 727-367-1997
3) Tahitian Resort is a smaller family hotel that offers one bedroom apartments for $119.00 per night. Other rooms are available for even less. 727-360-6264
4) The Sea Chest is a small, but clean private owned hotel that offers a quite place to relax. With rooms starting at $81.00 per night, it is considered a treasure on Treasure Island. 727-360-5501.
5) Windjammer Hotel is a mini resort on the beach. One bedroom apartments start at $100.00 per night, and include a full kitchen. 727-360-4940.
All five of these wonderful places include heated swimming pools, and more. Plus, they are all located directly on the Gulf, with no roads to cross. The prices quoted are for 2 adults, each person may be extra. Treasure Island is located between St. Pete beach, and Clearwater beach. This means you will find plenty to do during your stay. Everything from shopping, to fishing , is just minutes away. The award winning Fort Desoto beach is only a few miles down the street, where you will find history, shelling, picnicking, fishing, fitness, nature, and more, all in one beautiful park. This park is free to enjoy, and the fishing piers are open all night. Busch Gardens is just a short 30 to 45 minute trip away, as well as Lowery Park Zoo, and the Florida Aquarium.
Just a little reminder: Almost everyone is friendly in Treasure Island Florida, except for the police department. If your speeding, you will get a ticket! Please be careful when driving, and please watch your speed. There has been several pedestrians killed crossing the streets, in the past few years. Keep in mind, this is a vacation spot, and families cross the streets regularly. I’m not saying the policeman are personally mean, or hateful, because they aren’t. But they do not tolerate careless driving at all. This is a slow moving community, which is what your looking for, after all they don’t call it vacation for nothing.