Yankee Candle Company has always sold cute, seasonal candle accessories, but in recent years they have come out with more and more Halloween-themed merchandise. Not only does Yankee offer tealight holders in the shape of bats and ghosts, but this year they came out with 5 new jar candles to celebrate the Halloween holiday. Here’s a list of the 5 new scents, along with a brief description of each:
1) Boo-Nilla – Yankee Candle describes this fragrance as “a surprising sweet Halloween treat… the buttery rich, sugary scent of vanilla cookies.” To me, it smells almost exactly like Yankee Candle’s popular winter fragrance “Christmas Cookie.” If you burn the Boo-Nilla candle, your house is sure to smell like you’ve been baking all day!
2) Purr-Chouli – This new scent is described as “the purr-fect patchouli fragrance…a spicy sweet, exotic aroma that creates a mellow mood.” Fans of patchouli will love the familiar smoky, almost earthy smell of this Halloween candle. (Also, Yankee Candle fans will note that this is the same scent that has been sold as “Witches Brew” in years past.)
3) Cider Web – Yankee Candle Company says this fragrance is “a haunting brew of delicious, fresh pressed apple cider warmed with cinnamon spice,” and if you ask me, this candle smells just like real apple cider. Plus, I think it is cute how ”Cider Web” is a funny variation of ”spider web,” so I really like this new candle.
4) Trick or Treat – The final two candles are actually part of Yankee’s popular Swirl Candle line, which colorfully combine two different scents into one candle. Trick or Treat is described as “a magical swirl of Buttercream and Candy Corn fragrances,” and if you like sweets, you’re sure to love this new Halloween concoction from Yankee.
5) Pumpkin Patch – The description for this Yankee candle is “two of your favorite autumn fragrances, Harvest and Spiced Pumpkin, swirled together.” With the smell of baking spices softened with the sweetness of pumpkin, I feel like Pumpkin Patch is the ultimate fall fragrance!
All of the new Halloween fragrances for 2007 are available as 14.5 ounce jar candles with special seasonal labels, which Yankee Candle Company sells for $19.99 each. All of these new candles should be available for sale at your local Yankee Candle store, while supplies last. Also, if you’re a Yankee Candle fan like I am, be sure to check out my review of Yankee Electric Home Fragrancers, right here on Associated Content.
Source of candle descriptions:
Yankee Candle Company Catalog – Halloween 2007; Received via US Mail August 10, 2007